Life & Wellness Coaching
What is a Life and Wellness Coach?
A Life and Wellness coach is a “change agent” who helps you set and achieve goals, and build new habits for lasting change by:
- accepting and meeting you where you are today
- helping you discover the “why” behind your desired wellness changes
- empowering you as the expert on your own body, mind, and experiences
- guiding you to identify challenges that are hindering change — and harnessing the strengths and tools you have to overcome those hurdles
- helping you to view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- assisting you to set and establish realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- providing support and accountability
What is Wellness?
Wellness is dynamic and encompasses many facets. Your individual wellness exploration will likely include a mix of the following:
- nutrition and hydration
- sleep quality
- stress management
- relationships (family, work, social)
- navigating priorities
- work, school, family, life-balance
- behavioural change
- chronic disease management
Why would I need a Life and Wellness Coach?
There are many reasons. For instance, you might consider looking for one if you:
- Need some guidance on moving forward in your career
- Want to learn how to take advantage of your own strengths and talents
- Don’t know what to do about a major life decision, such as a move or promotion
- Don’t have an acceptable work-life balance
- Have a lot of stress
- Aren’t as healthy as you’d like to be
Why Work with a Registered Mental Health Therapist as a Coach?
They can help you to identify the problem, the root cause of the issue, factors that affect their success, and possible actions that could be taken to gain control over the problem. A Mental Health Therapist can clarify underlying mood disorders that may be impacting the motivation to make changes. Together, we will design a plan that will effectively lead to sustainable and positive lifestyle and behavioural changes.